Etymotic Research combined its noise-isolating earphone and noise-rejecting directional microphone technologies to produce the most technically advanced headset of its kind. The insert earphone optimizes sound quality and noise isolation, and the close-talking directional microphone allows you to speak softly for greater privacy. With the ETY COM, clear two-way conversation is possible in very high levels of background noise.
- ETY COM headset for cell phone, VoIP & production intercom applications
- 4 ft. cord with 3-conductor 2.5mm plug
- Optional connectors include 4-6 pin XLR AND OTHER CONNECTORS
- Assorted eartips
- Replacement filter
- Filter changing tool
- Shirt clip
- Case (not shown)
- Two windscreens (large and small)
- VoIP adapter. The VoIP adapter has two standard 3.5 mm plugs with conventional color coding: pink for microphone and green for earphone jacks.
ETY COM Technical Specifications
- Transducer type: balanced armature
- Impedance: 32 Ohms @ 1 kHz
- Maximum continuous input: 1 V
- Sound pressure level 1 kHz: 97 ▒3 dB @ 0.1 V
- Frequency response: 22 Hz to 12 kHz
Unsurpassed Noise Isolation
Provides the highest sound isolation of any mobile phone headset:
- Noise reduction = 37 dB, averaged over octave frequencies from 124-8000 Hz.
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) = 24 dB, as measured by independent E-A-R CAL Laboratory (Indianapolis, IN). Allows only the audio from the caller to enter the ear.
- Microphone type: directional electret
- Operating voltage: 1.0 V to 10.0 V
- Close talking sensitivity:
-46 ▒3 dB dB re: 1 V/Pa @ 1 kHz
(measured @ 15 mm from source)
- Noise Rejection: 10 dB
(compared to an omnidirectional microphone at the same location)
Highly Directional, Noise-Canceling Microphone
- The ETY COM's highly directional microphone is positioned close to the mouth for best clarity and maximum rejection of background noise.
- Up to 25 dB more noise rejection than boom mics that are not close to the mouth.
- 4 to 11 dB greater noise rejection than other microphones in the same location.
- Allows you to speak softly for greater privacy.
The IFB Source 301-754-2871 or Marty@IFBSource.com
The IFB Source is a division of ATS Communications